August 1, 2008

Panama Graysby


I didn't know what this fish was when I caught it. The photos here fail to fully show the orange and turquoise colors on the head. This is truly a spectacular fish.


The Panama Graysby is a feisty little reef dweller that doesn't get much bigger than this foot long individual. They range from the Sea of Cortez to Ecuador. This individual took a clouser minnow in brown/yellow/white with gold flash in my favorite 1/0 size. I've mentioned clousers so many times that I've included a picture of one with this post. Note that I no longer bother painting the eyes. I always have a few of these in this pattern plus brown/white, chartreuse/white, gray/white, and all white in my box when I head south. They are easy to tie which is good because I tend to loose a lot of them fishing around rocks.

I caught this fish near Loreto in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment