July 31, 2010

The Volaris Experiment

Here is the situation - I found myself on a work trip to San Diego in mid-July and really wanted to make a quick trip down to Loreto for a couple of days after I was finished with my San Diego meeting.
I previously reported on the fishing from this trip and want to continue with the story of my experiment taking the Volaris Tijuana to La Paz service.
The question before me was what was the best way to get from San Diego to Loreto and back with a minimum of hassle and expense and no car.
Horizon Air (Alaska Airlines regional partner) flies from LAX to Loreto 4 days per week but LAX is a long way from San Diego and the flights were expensive.
The bus from Tijuana to Loreto is about 18 hours and $80 US.
I went with Volaris Tijuana to La Paz and then bus to Loreto.
The next few posts will document my trip and provide an answer to the questions:
Is it worth all the trouble?
Did it save any money?
Do you need to speak Spanish?
Would I do it again?

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment